09 March, 2009

3 images






Image 1: creative work from high school












This is my first experiment with water colours on a heritage listed fire station.
We were instructed to pick a part of the fire station and detail it. Particular emphasis was put on the materials used.
It was the first time I had experimented with water colou
rs and shadowing.
Image 2: great piece of architecture

















This image is of works by architect Daniel Libeskind.
I selected this building because of the meaning behind it.The building has been designed to reflect the life and treatment of the Jewish people in Germany during World War Two. The building portrays a sense of emptiness through use of voids within the building also depicting the many cultural and social issues during that time.

Image 3: something beautiful



















My 1970 Volkswagen Beetle. I love this car because it was my first car I owned. It is a classic vintage in its original condition. The car has a enormous amount of historical significance as well as personal significance to me which makes it very special. The beetle has a brutal past (designed for Adolph Hitler), but is a graceful car to drive.