02 June, 2010

PROJECT 3: ARTIST

Through further amendments to my design I have chosen another artist to display. I had originally decided on Dan Stafford, an artist from the UK, who's colour works were thought provoking and bright. However as my design on the Art Gallery has progressed, the concept of the gallery is more understated and subtle which suits my new artist, Michael Zavros.

Zavros is an Australian artist who's paintings are of a realist nature. His works highlight the concepts of beauty, in particular an obsession with fashion.

I am fascinated by his obsession with beauty and fashion and the way he has depicted these thoughts through his images. His paintings are transported images of photographs that have been altered.

He is interested in "rather what fashion imagery offers, which is usually a flight of fancy, a perfection of an idea, and highly aestheticised imagery"






















































NARRATIVE.
An obsession with fashion underlying beauty and grandeur of an occasion